asterixdb-dev mailing list archives

From Mike Carey <dtab...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: new AsterixDB web interface demo up and running
Date Fri, 17 Jun 2016 00:14:44 GMT
@Ian & @Chris:  Can you provide some helpful hints in the direction of
parsing returned ADM?  (Since you are kind of addressing that as we
speak for other reasons?)

@Kaveen:  Off to a cool start!  In terms of the sorts of things that can
come back, *conceptually*, the return clause of a query can yield a
scalar value, an ordered list, an unordered list, or a record.  (The
various possible scalar values are all of the data types listed in the
ADM data model spec.)  A for-clause actually always returns a list of
whatever the return clause says to return - and a let-clause (I believe)
or a standalone expression can return a singleton object (of any of the
aforementioned forms) if I'm not mistaken.  For testing the Web UI, it
would probably be worth coming up with a set of test queries that
returns each of those things.  (Mixed of them are also possible - life
in semistructured data land can be messy.)

Cheers,

Mike