asterixdb-dev mailing list archives

From abdullah alamoudi <bamou...@gmail.com>
Subject [DISCUSS] Test Coverage
Date Sat, 21 May 2016 01:50:29 GMT
Thanks to Mike Blow, we now have reports of our test coverage for the code
base.
Testing is essential in controlling code quality and our current coverage
could use serious improvement.

Now that we have the tools to get coverage information, I suggest we
establish a minimum required test coverage for all changes. We can start by
enforcing this on new classes while not reducing the coverage for existing
classes.

I suggest we set the minimum coverage to 80%. What is nice about this is
that this is an objective measure and no one can claim he's being treated
unfairly.

Code that is not tested is a broken code. Thoughts?