asterixdb-dev mailing list archives

From Steven Jacobs <sjaco...@ucr.edu>
Subject Global value for a distributed job
Date Wed, 04 May 2016 17:39:18 GMT
Hi all,
We've been having a discussion on enabling Asterix to comply better with
nonfunctional functions within let statements. As a specific example,
opening a query with the following:

let $globalTime := current-time()

should produce the same value of $globalTime for every usage on every
partition executing the job. A few different solutions have been suggested,
and we need to have a meeting to narrow down the best solution.

Anyone interested is invited to attend. I am recommending Monday morning at
9:00 or 10:00 as a possible time.

Steven