asterixdb-dev mailing list archives

From Ildar Absalyamov <ildar.absalya...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Dump and restore for AsterixDB datasets
Date Tue, 24 May 2016 22:53:56 GMT
I believe Mike meant binary roundtripability.
How easy would it be to setup a Jenkins job which:
1) Takes a pre-commit version of Asterix, puts in tinySocial data, builds indexes, etc
2) Applies a commit and builds a new version.
3) Starts a new version with the old data and runs a tinySocial query set
?

> On May 24, 2016, at 13:08, Ian Maxon <imaxon@uci.edu> wrote:
>
> The main problem right now is just the difference between the AQL that gets
> output and the AQL the parser expects. We output the i64/i32 suffix for
> example, but the parser doesn't like it (or at least that's how it was the
> last time I tried this). I believe the are a few other rough edges like
> this.
>
> On Tue, May 24, 2016 at 12:59 PM, Michael Carey <mjcarey@ics.uci.edu> wrote:
>
>> It's time for us to figure out how to get that working!!!  (Data
>> roundtrips.)
>>
>> (So one could use that if we make unfortunate metadata/storage-format
>> changes.)
>>
>> SDSC is getting serious about the data they are collecting (directly into
>> AsterixDB, from social media, news, etc., sources.

Best regards,
Ildar