asterixdb-dev mailing list archives

From Michael Carey <mjca...@ics.uci.edu>
Subject Re: 7/9 Big Data Day LA 2016 - CFP
Date Fri, 06 May 2016 23:28:30 GMT
Whoops!  Thx!

On 5/6/16 4:19 PM, Yingyi Bu wrote:
> +1.
> This is the old google group.  Fwd to dev@asterixdb.
>
> Best,
> Yingyi
>
> On Fri, May 6, 2016 at 4:01 PM, Michael Carey <mjcarey@ics.uci.edu
> <mailto:mjcarey@ics.uci.edu>> wrote:
>
>     Q: Do we want to try and have Apache AsterixDB represented at this?

with over 550 attendees in 2014 and over 950 attendees in 2015. We expect a turnout of ~1200
attendees this year, and with 5 tracks, 50+ talks

>     http://www.meetup.com/Future-Chief-Data-Scientists-in-Orange-County-CA/events/230467427/
>     Big Data Day LA 2016
>     	• Saturday, July 9, 2016
>     8:00 AM
>
>     	• West Los Angeles College
>     9000 Overland Ave, Los Angeles, CA (map)
>
>     	• Big Data Day LA 2016 is coming to West Los Angeles College, Culver City on July
9, 2016.

>     Register for the event today for free on Eventbrite!
>
>     BDDLA is the largest conference of its kind as well as the only free Big data conference
in Southern California, packed with informational speakers.

>     • Call for Speakers - Are you interested in being a speaker at Big Data Day LA
2016? We are currently calling for abstracts! There are 5 tracks for Big Data Day LA 2016:
Big Data, Data Science, Hadoop/Spark/Kafka, NoSQL and Use Case Driven. Submit a tech talk
proposal for one of the tracks, and get the opportunity to speak to an audience of data technologists.
>     • Call for Sponsors - Sponsor an event that reaches capacity at every venue each
year! Big Data Day LA started in 2013 with over 250 attendees and has grown over the years
with over 550 attendees in 2014 and over 950 attendees in 2015. We expect a turnout of ~1200
attendees this year, and with 5 tracks, 50+ talks and attendees ranging from data scientists/engineers,
system architects, software developers and CEOs/CIOs/CTOs,secure your spot today!
>     • Slogan & Logo-Designing Contest - Design logos and slogans for this year’s
event! This contest is open to the public. Entries will go through an initial screening, followed
by an open voting to select the winner. The prize is an iPad Mini (1 per Logo Design winner,
1 per Slogan winner), so don't forget to submit an entry!
<http://www.bigdatadayla.com>  for more information.

>     Want to know more about Big Data Day LA? Check out our Big Data Day LA 2015 highlight
video, and all the presentations from last year on the Big Data Day LA 2015 showcase.
>     We are also looking for volunteers for Big Data Day LA 2016. Interested? Check out
the different committees you can be a part of, and apply today.