asterixdb-dev mailing list archives

From u.k.k.rodr...@gmail.com
Subject Re: Commencing work on ASTERIXDB-1375 : Revise web UI
Date Fri, 20 May 2016 07:34:03 GMT

Hello Chris,

I was planning to do the incremental commits to my fork and then at the end of the summer
to push my branch upstream,

Will this be a problem? Or should I work on the main repo (in a branch)  and commit there,
I did setup a Gerrit account, that's only for review right?

Thabks in advance, cheers

Kaveen Rodrigo

Get Outlook for Android

On Fri, May 20, 2016 at 12:18 AM -0700, "Chris Hillery" <chillery@hillery.land> wrote:

We use Gerrit for code review, so your changes will need to be proposed
there and approved. You'll also need to sign the Apache ICLA in order to do
that. I assume Ian will walk you through all that if he hasn't already.

What Till was suggesting (and I agree!) is that it's usually best to submit
changes in smaller logical sets, rather than one large change. The reviews
will be easier, and if they have any substantial comments, it will be less
difficult for you to respond to them. You also will not have to keep
rebasing your changes over and over to stay in sync with the codebase.

So a good first step might be to figure out how to break the work into
smaller chunks, or at least identify what the first chunk should be and get
that finished and committed.

Looking forward to seeing what you come up with!

Ceej
aka Chris Hillery