asterixdb-dev mailing list archives

From Murtadha Hubail <hubail...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Help! Any idea to stop AsterixDB from recovering?
Date Sun, 15 May 2016 21:26:26 GMT
You can delete the existing log files and create new empty ones with incremented  log file
number, but it is very important that you don't delete the checkpoint file.
Of course any data in the old log files will be lost, but the data already on disk will be
available.

> On May 15, 2016, at 1:23 PM, Jianfeng Jia <jianfeng.jia@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hi,
> We submitted a long running join+insert query and stop the cluster to stop running it.
However, when it restarted it ran the recovery forever,
> the logs shows that it is creating a lot of buffer cache.
>
> In order to bring the cluster back to answer the query, is there any hacking solutions?
such as remove the recovery txnlogs? I’m worried that it will ruin the cluster somehow.