asterixdb-dev mailing list archives

From Ildar Absalyamov <ildar.absalya...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: New Asterix REST API design
Date Sat, 16 Apr 2016 00:32:46 GMT
Till,

All the comments make sense to me except for warnings. I was struggling to remember anything
in Asterix, which would resemble the warnings described by you.
As a future extension we could support that, but in this document I was trying to reflect
current state of Asterix functionality + some extensions which were on horizon for a long
time and are really needed.

HTTP) API. I summarized these discussions in an outline of the new API design: https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/ASTERIXDB/New+HTTP+API+Design
<https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/ASTERIXDB/New+HTTP+API+Design>.
>> The need to refactor existing API came from different directions (and from different
people), and is explained in motivation section. Thus I believe it’s about the time to take
an effort and improve existing API, so that it will not drag us down in the future. However
during the transition step I believe it would be better to keep exiting API endpoints, so
that we would not break people’s current experimental setup.

>> It would be good to know feedback from the folks, who have been contributing to that
part of the systems recently.

>> Best regards,
>> Ildar

Best regards,