asterixdb-dev mailing list archives

From Cameron Samak <csa...@apache.org>
Subject Re: New Asterix REST API design
Date Fri, 15 Apr 2016 22:33:45 GMT
Thanks, this page is very clear. Some thoughts:

Maybe there should be a way to request only the results in the body? It
seems that CSV within JSON at least partially defeats the purpose of
requesting CSV in the first place.

Thoughts on also allowing formatting options with the /result endpoint? For
example, I think it makes sense to allow choosing "lossless" in example 7
during the /result GET instead of /query.

Am I correct that /result example 2 is showing "lossless=false" results
instead of "lossless=true" as requested in example 7? Related: Could the
"lossless" parameter have a more descriptive name? Without context
surrounding the originating discussion the parameter name doesn't seem to
make much sense for a user expecting valid JSON.

Also I think this page is also a good place to add possible HTTP response
codes and when they apply.

Cameron