asterixdb-dev mailing list archives

From "Till Westmann" <ti...@apache.org>
Subject Re: New Asterix REST API design
Date Sat, 16 Apr 2016 00:13:13 GMT
Yes, this API is not ideal for "just getting the data". However,
Ildar’s
goal was to separate the data from the HTML and to build an API that can
be
the basis for the Web-interface - and I think that the API looks good
for
that :)

I'm wondering if an endpoint to get the data should be an option on this
one
or a different endpoint. The reason is, that all of the additional
request
metadata that we can ask for (plan, metrics, warnings, ..) cannot easily
be
returned with such an API. An API that play well with curl might even
put
the format into the URI, e.g.:

curl http://host:19100/query/csv?statment=select+element+1+as+one; >
one.csv