asterixdb-dev mailing list archives

From "Till Westmann" <ti...@apache.org>
Subject Re: New Asterix REST API design
Date Fri, 15 Apr 2016 23:24:41 GMT
I had a misunderstanding that I think I clarified now. I believed that
we
don’t have the separation into tuples anymore after result
distribution and
that we only have bytes that we pass to the client. In that case
limiting in
the HTTP server would have had to choose between
a) limiting based on the number of bytes or
b) re-establishing tuple boundaries.
However, even though result distribution has serialized the tuples to
whatever format (ADM, JSON, CSV), we still send frames and so we should
be
able to separate the tuples (and limit the number that we return).

So I think that it should be feasible to add that (feature creep is
coming
... :) )

Cheers,
Till