asterixdb-dev mailing list archives

From Ildar Absalyamov <ildar.absalya...@gmail.com>
Subject New Asterix REST API design
Date Thu, 14 Apr 2016 22:23:31 GMT
Hi Devs,

Recently there have been a number of conversations about the future of our REST (aka HTTP)
API. I summarized these discussions in an outline of the new API design: https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/ASTERIXDB/New+HTTP+API+Design
<https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/ASTERIXDB/New+HTTP+API+Design>.
The need to refactor existing API came from different directions (and from different people),
and is explained in motivation section. Thus I believe it’s about the time to take an effort
and improve existing API, so that it will not drag us down in the future. However during the
transition step I believe it would be better to keep exiting API endpoints, so that we would
not break people’s current experimental setup.

It would be good to know feedback from the folks, who have been contributing to that part
of the systems recently.

Best regards,
Ildar