asterixdb-dev mailing list archives

From "Mattmann, Chris A (3980)" <chris.a.mattm...@jpl.nasa.gov>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Graduation from the incubator
Date Fri, 18 Mar 2016 16:56:57 GMT
The team needs to keep in mind:

1. Many of your most active members are not ASF members and
thus representation amongst the foundation will be limited.
2. You will want to have ASF members, moreover the board considers
this as a PMC composition when it reviews the resolution to create
the project at the board meeting.

It’s your community’s choice as an FYI, but keep the following in
mind:

1. Merit doesn’t expire. Whether someone ever contributed, or
are actively contributing, or not. Life happens, and you don’t
want to penalize people when that’s the case.
2. You should consider having at least 3 ASF members go on with
the project regardless (so that your project can be presented in
future Members meeting electing new members etc etc.)

I’m fine to retire from the PPMC and be omit from the PMC no problem
on my end. I’ll see your great project around the Foundation should it
be approved as a TLP and I’m proud of how far you’ve come!

Cheers
Chris

Chris Mattmann, Ph.D.
Chief Architect
Office: 168-519, Mailstop: 168-527
Email: chris.a.mattmann@nasa.gov
WWW:  http://sunset.usc.edu/~mattmann/
Director, Information Retrieval and Data Science Group (IRDS)
WWW: http://irds.usc.edu/