asterixdb-dev mailing list archives

From Ian Maxon <ima...@uci.edu>
Subject Re: The Great Merge
Date Thu, 31 Mar 2016 01:17:40 GMT
Chris found an issue with the way git histories were being handled in the
way I merged things, so I have revised the proposed branch:
https://github.com/parshimers/incubator-asterixdb/commits/hyracks-merge2

Basically I was trying to fit everything into one commit, because I thought
at first that I could submit it to Gerrit that way. However that doesn't
work for other reasons, basically Gerrit tries to treat every new commit
from Hyracks as a new change. Splitting the commits of the repository merge
fixes the issue.

@Till, I think that creating a textual patch would just be more work. If I
were to do it that way I would try fetching the Gerrit patch, and then
cherry-picking it onto a new branch that has the hyracks+asterix master as
the head.