asterixdb-dev mailing list archives

From Xikui Wang <xik...@uci.edu>
Subject Re: Do we have a method to append local files to existed dataset?
Date Fri, 04 Mar 2016 23:41:29 GMT
Hi,

@Young-Seok, Thanks for noticing. This is quite convenient for loading
small batch files.

@Yingyi, Thanks for pointing out the limitations. I tried with my datasets
(700 x 50MB per file),
and it drained all system resources as you expected. Actually the mechanism
that you mentioned
HDFS like localfs is what I am looking for. That would be useful for
standalone users. Or maybe we just
don't care standalone users since they are too small. :)

@abdullah, I tried directory path, but it doesn't go through. It raises '
xxx is a directory error'. I guess it's
because I am using localfs?

Best,