asterixdb-dev mailing list archives

From Sandeep Joshi <sanjos...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Graduation from the incubator
Date Wed, 16 Mar 2016 14:42:58 GMT
Mike,

I asked because I wanted to ascertain how quickly a newcomer outside the
UCI circle can come up to speed with the vast asterixdb code-base.

I don't want to hijack this thread so maybe we can start another thread.
I am interested in knowing how one could gain proficiency in participating
in asterixdb development.    What design patterns should one keep in mind,
what hasn't worked historically, what sequence of tasks can one take on to
learn about various parts of the system, etc.

-Sandeep