asterixdb-dev mailing list archives

From Taewoo Kim <wangs...@gmail.com>
Subject Function name change: contains() -> string-contains()
Date Thu, 03 Mar 2016 02:25:07 GMT
Hello All,

I would like to suggest a current function name change. I am currently
working on Full Text Search features. XQuery Full-text search spec [1]
states that for a full-text search, the syntax is *RangeExpr ( "contains"
"text" FTSelection FTIgnoreOption? )?*. As you see, we are going to use
"contains text something". And we already have contains() function [2] that
does a substring match.  So, in order to remove possible ambiguities
between two features, *contains()* will be renamed to *string-contains()*
when I merge my index-only branch to the master if there is no strong
opinion on this. Thank you. I will send another note as my merge
progresses. Thank you.

[1] https://www.w3.org/TR/xpath-full-text-10/#doc-xquery10-FTContainsExpr

[2]
https://asterix-jenkins.ics.uci.edu/job/asterix-test-full/site/asterix-doc/aql/functions.html#StringFunctions