asterixdb-dev mailing list archives

From "Till Westmann" <ti...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Getting up to speed on AsterixDB (was: [DISCUSS] Graduation from the incubator)
Date Fri, 18 Mar 2016 16:42:39 GMT
I’m happy to read and write good documentation. However, I think that

a) it’s quite unclear what we are talking about (is this about
javadoc,
    design sketches, detailed specifications, …) and

b) I’m not happy with "enforcing" things. I think that to get to good
    documentation, we should not ask "other" people to do it, but rather
    provide a good example to convince everybody to follow.

So I think that the first step is to provide or point to some
documentation that is good or helpful and to discuss on that example
how we can produce more of it (and where documentation is most urgently
needed).

My 2c,
Till

On 17 Mar 2016, at 13:46, abdullah alamoudi wrote:

> Totally agree and this is very much needed and will be worth the
> investment.
>
> Regards,
> Abdullah.
>
> On Thu, Mar 17, 2016 at 11:39 PM, Chen Li <chenli@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> We need to do a good job maintaining documentations of the project.
>> achieve the goal, we need to decide a protocol and enforce it.
>>
>> Chen
>>
>> On Wed, Mar 16, 2016 at 8:37 AM, Till Westmann <tillw@apache.org>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> In the spirit of not hijacking the thread I’m trying to create a
>>> new
>>> thread here.
>>>
>>> On your question:
>>> I think that getting up to speed is not quick and it is difficult.
>>> Even
>>> for those of us with the 10+ years industrial experience the