asterixdb-dev mailing list archives

From abdullah alamoudi <bamou...@gmail.com>
Subject Deadlock issue
Date Thu, 07 Jan 2016 13:48:08 GMT
Today, as I was working on fixing handling of duplicate keys with feeds,
everything seemed to work fine. here is what we do when we encounter a
duplicate key exception.

1. we remove the tuple causing the exception.
2. we continue from where we stopped.

The problem is that when I try to query the dataset after that to check and
see which records made it into the dataset, I get a deadlock.

I have looked at the stack trace (attached) and I think the threads in the
file are the relevant ones. Please, have a look and let me know if you have
a possible cause in mind.

The threads are related to:
1. BufferCache.
2. Logging.
3. Locking.

Let me know what you think. I can reproduce this bug. it happened on 100%
of my test runs.

I will let you know when I solve it but it is taking longer than I thought.

Amoudi, Abdullah.