asterixdb-dev mailing list archives

From abdullah alamoudi <bamou...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Support for push twitter feed adaptor in 0.8.6
Date Wed, 13 Jan 2016 05:03:58 GMT
Vignesh,
The error message indicates that the cluster controller didn't start
correctly.
Did you have data in the previous installation (0.8.6) ? If so, then there
are some compatibility issues that probably caused the cluster startup to
fail.

One thing that would help us to identify the exact cause is the log files.
can you share them with us?
You can get them using the command:

managix log -n <instance_name>

Regards,
Abdullah.

Amoudi, Abdullah.

On Wed, Jan 13, 2016 at 4:28 AM, Vignesh Raghunathan <
vignesh.raghunathan90@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I've been trying to install AsterixDB with the above mentioned changes in
> a cluster but I get the following error
>
> WARNING!:Cluster Controller not running at node0
>
> The cluster earlier had AsterixDB 0.86 installed. I haven't changed the
> configurations of the cluster and I am using the same cluster configuration
> file. Should I perform some manual cleanup before installing the later
> version in a system which had 0.86 installed?
>
> I have attached the cluster configuration file for reference.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Vignesh
>
> On Thu, Jan 7, 2016 at 8:05 AM, abdullah alamoudi <bamousaa@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Just to clarify,
>> The Twitter adapter was working until I did some cleanup work (last week)
>> in external data land and so the adapter was hidden.
>>
>> I have submitted a change and if someone is eager to use it, it can be
>> checked out through:
>> git fetch https://asterix-gerrit.ics.uci.edu/asterixdb
>> refs/changes/74/574/1 && git checkout FETCH_HEAD
>>
>> Duplicate key errors (in feeds) will result in a deadlock until we figure
>> it out (which is what I am doing right now). Querying the adapters will
>> not
>> show the twitter adapter though because It is not an adapter anymore. it
>> is
>> a data source. The example in the documentation will still work though.
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Abdullah.
>>
>> Amoudi, Abdullah.
>>
>> On Thu, Jan 7, 2016 at 10:27 AM, abdullah alamoudi <bamousaa@gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>> > Vignesh,
>> > The most recent version doesn't have the push_twitter adapter (meaning
>> > that, when you query the adapters, you will not see it.) but its alias
>> is
>> > still there in the system.
>> >
>> > I have looked at the current master after your question and found out
>> why
>> > it didn't work. I fixed it on my branch and I am pushing it for review
>> > along with other feed fixes later tonight.
>> >
>> > TL,DR, It doesn't work right now but should be working tomorrow :)
>> >
>> > Cheers,
>> > Abdullah.
>> >

>> > Amoudi, Abdullah.

>> ramangrover29@gmail.com>