asterixdb-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From abdullah alamoudi <bamou...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Deadlock issue
Date Thu, 07 Jan 2016 17:12:11 GMT
So I have pushed the new change (Still under review).

@Vignesh,
This change has the fix for the twitter adapter.

@Jianfeng,
This change has the fix for the duplicate key issue.

It can be checked out using
git fetch https://asterix-gerrit.ics.uci.edu/asterixdb
refs/changes/74/574/2 && git checkout FETCH_HEAD

Amoudi, Abdullah.

On Thu, Jan 7, 2016 at 7:42 PM, abdullah alamoudi <bamousaa@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Found the issue. It had nothing to do with any of the three components.
>
> The problem was that:
> > 1. we remove the tuple causing the exception.
> didn't work as I expected and instead it removed all the tuples upto the
> offending record.
> I have fixed it and now it works like a charm.
>
> Pushing the fix in a few minutes.
> Abdullah.
>
> Amoudi, Abdullah.
>
> On Thu, Jan 7, 2016 at 6:16 PM, Mike Carey <dtabass@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> The general transaction handling for such an exception wrt locking and
>> aborts probably assumes that total bailouts are the answer.  Thus, it may
>> leave messes that rollbacks are otherwise the answer to.  Feeds and
>> transactions don't mix super well, it seems....  Watching how duplicate
>> keys work for insert from query statements may help you debug. If we
>> change
>> things to allow those to succeed for all non duplicate keys - which might
>> make more sense for that anyway.
>> On Jan 7, 2016 5:48 AM, "abdullah alamoudi" <bamousaa@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> > Today, as I was working on fixing handling of duplicate keys with feeds,
>> > everything seemed to work fine. here is what we do when we encounter a
>> > duplicate key exception.
>> >
>> > 1. we remove the tuple causing the exception.
>> > 2. we continue from where we stopped.
>> >
>> > The problem is that when I try to query the dataset after that to check
>> > and see which records made it into the dataset, I get a deadlock.
>> >
>> > I have looked at the stack trace (attached) and I think the threads in
>> the
>> > file are the relevant ones. Please, have a look and let me know if you
>> have
>> > a possible cause in mind.
>> >
>> > The threads are related to:
>> > 1. BufferCache.
>> > 2. Logging.
>> > 3. Locking.
>> >
>> > Let me know what you think. I can reproduce this bug. it happened on
>> 100%
>> > of my test runs.
>> >
>> > I will let you know when I solve it but it is taking longer than I
>> thought.
>> >
>> > Amoudi, Abdullah.
>> >
>>
>
>

Mime
  • Unnamed multipart/alternative (inline, None, 0 bytes)
View raw message