asterixdb-dev mailing list archives

From Ian Maxon <ima...@uci.edu>
Subject Proposal for adding test name resolver for NC names and HDFS NameNode names
Date Fri, 29 Jan 2016 20:37:23 GMT
Hi all,
Murtadha, Till, Abdullah and I all were discussing the best way to resolve
the issue with how to provide the location of the HDFS namenode to external
indexing queries in test cases, without having to change the queries
themselves.

The proposed solution (as I understood it... :) ) is to basically come up
with a new name resolver, akin to the DNSResolver and IdentityResolver in
Hyracks, but will allow for arbitrary mappings of strings to IPs akin to a
host file. This will be used both in the NC name resolution and the
external indexing adapter configuration.
By default this will be disabled, everything will still use DNSResolver by
default in normal instances. However this resolver will be available and
possible to enable (again, mainly for testing's sake) in the
asterix-configuration.xml properties.

Please feel free to comment! In the meantime, I will start implementing
this so it can unblock the use of external indexing queries in
ClusterExecutionIT.

Thanks,
- Ian