asterixdb-dev mailing list archives

From Ian Maxon <ima...@uci.edu>
Subject Re: Undetected failed test cases
Date Thu, 03 Dec 2015 23:28:40 GMT
Definite +1.

We also should (separately) start checking the output of the CC/NC
logs or somehow otherwise find a way to detect exceptions that are
uncaught there. Right now if the exception doesn't come back to the
user as an error in issuing a query, we'd have no way to detect it.

On Thu, Dec 3, 2015 at 2:43 PM, Till Westmann <tillw@apache.org> wrote:
> +1 !
>

> On 3 Dec 2015, at 14:38, Chris Hillery wrote:
>
>> Yes, please propose the change. I've been looking at overhauling the test
>> framework as well so I will review.
>>
>> For Zorba, I implemented a "known failing" mechanism that allowed you to
>> mark a test that was currently broken (associated with a ticket ID)
>> without
>> disabling it. The framework would continue to execute it and expect it to
>> fail. It would also cause the test run to fail if the test started to
>> succeed (ie, the bug was fixed) which ensured that the "known failing"
>> mark
>> would get removed in a timely fashion. To be clear, this is completely
>> distinct from a negative test case - it was a way to not worry about
>> forgetting tests that had to be disabled due to known bugs, and to ensure
>> that all such known bugs had an associated tracking ticket. It was quite
>> useful there and I was planning to re-introduce it here.
>>
>> Ceej
>> aka Chris Hillery
>>
>> On Thu, Dec 3, 2015 at 2:29 PM, abdullah alamoudi <bamousaa@gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi All,
>>> Today, I implemented a fix for a critical issue that we have and wanted
>>> add a new kind of test cases where the test case has 3 files:
>>>
>>> 1. Creating the dataset.
>>> 2. Fill it with data that have duplicate keys. This is expected to throw