asterixdb-dev mailing list archives

From Steven Jacobs <sjaco...@ucr.edu>
Subject Metadata changes
Date Mon, 14 Dec 2015 18:12:32 GMT
Hi all,
I'm implementing a change so that datasets can use datatypes from alternate
data verses (previously the type and set had to be from the same
dataverse). Unfortunately this means another change for Dataset Metadata
(which will now store the dataverse for its type).

As such, I had a couple of questions:

1) Should this change be thrown into the release branch, as it is another
Metadata change?

2) In implementing this change, I've been looking at the Metadata secondary
indexes. I had a discussion with Ildar, and it seems the thread on Metadata
secondary indexes being "hacked" has been lost. Is this also something that
should get into the release? Is there anyone currently looking at it?

Steven