asterixdb-dev mailing list archives

From Taewoo Kim <wangs...@gmail.com>
Subject My status
Date Fri, 18 Dec 2015 16:43:04 GMT
Hello All,

It's hard for me to attend today's meeting. Maybe I'm having a jet lag,
still. So, here is my status. After returning to Irvine on Tuesday and
having a discussion with Mike and Young-seok, I am working
on ASTERIXDB-1223 issue. As this issue suggests, what I tried is returning
NULL for non-comparable types (e.g., a record VS an int). This was a simple
fix and it didn't show any error for the current tests. Also, I am trying
to add one more logic so that in Asterix level, we don't do a byte-to-byte
comparison for the complex types where there are no comparators (e.g.,
comparing an ordered list VS another ordered list). For this, we are going
to return NULL, too before the deep-equality functionalty is applied to the
master branch. I am now adding more tests to make sure everything works
correctly.

Lastly, Happy holidays for you all.

Best,
Taewoo