asterixdb-dev mailing list archives

From "Till Westmann" <ti...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Handling of untyped content
Date Thu, 10 Dec 2015 00:56:24 GMT
No, I don’t think so. We’d have one enforcer function for each type
that we can have for a parameter in a function signature. And all type
checking would be removed from the individual functions. The
translator/rewriter would then ensure that all parameters go though an
enforcer function, unless the type checker can statically determine that
no type check is necessary.

Does this make sense?

Cheers,
Till