asterixdb-dev mailing list archives

From Mike Carey <dtab...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Homogeneous lists with nullable items
Date Fri, 18 Dec 2015 14:45:45 GMT
Agreed.  We probably need a mini design doc here. The short term urgency
seems to be a need to represent lists that can include nulls, as this is
blocking JPL and is also something easily produced by queries (AQL or
SQL++).  Longer term one can imagine where this would be something that
might vary (at the lowest level of detail) by list, e.g., you might
represent dense and sparse lists quite differently, you might use
compression for certain kinds of lists, etc.