asterixdb-dev mailing list archives

From Mike Carey <dtab...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Metadata changes
Date Tue, 15 Dec 2015 01:55:27 GMT
SO - it seems like 3 is the right long-term answer, but not doable now?
(If it was doable now, it would obviously be the ideal choice of the three.)
What would be the argument for doing 2 as opposed to 1 for now?
As for the question of backwards compatibility, I actually didn't sense
a consensus yet.
I would tentatively lean towards "right" over "backwards compatible" for
this change.
What are others thoughts on that?
(Soon we won't have that luxury, but right now maybe we do?)