asterixdb-dev mailing list archives

From Mike Carey <dtab...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Feeds UDF
Date Wed, 09 Dec 2015 07:36:29 GMT
I have the impression that AQL UDFs are poorly tested right now, so this
failure may be unrelated to the sameness of the dataset.
We don't have any restrictions currently, and I'm not sure we need to -
joins are an important use case, actually.
(Not self joins specifically, but joins for sure.)

Cheers,
Mike

On 12/8/15 6:28 PM, Ildar Absalyamov wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> As a part of feed ingestion we do allow preprocessing incoming data with AQL UDFs.
> I was wondering if we somehow restrict the kind of UDFs that could be used? Do we allow
joins in these UDFs? Especially joins with the same dataset, which is used for intake. Ex: