asterixdb-dev mailing list archives

From "Till Westmann" <ti...@apache.org>
Subject handling InterruptedException
Date Fri, 06 Nov 2015 22:11:44 GMT
Hi,

in the methods “log”, “getAndInitNewPage”, and
“terminateLogFlusher” in LogManager and “terminate” and
“call” in LogFlusher InterruptedExceptions are being caught and
mostly ignored (at least the thread is not stopped). While that seems to
be ok in LogManager.terminateLogFlusher (as the method will end anyway),
for the other methods this happens in a loop that depends on
modifications in another thread and so this might never happen if the
other thread is stopped before performing those modifications.
Now I think that this has been done carefully and that this all works
fine, but it’s not obvious by looking at the code, and I’d like to
understand if/why the current behavior is correct in the way we use it.
Who could help me with that?

Thanks,
Till