asterixdb-dev mailing list archives

From abdullah alamoudi <amo...@apache.org>
Subject Possible Race condition in the new UTF8String implementation
Date Wed, 11 Nov 2015 16:25:56 GMT
Hi all,
I am having a hard time figuring this out. Here are the symptoms I am
seeing in case one has an idea what this could be.

I have a feed running ingesting data into a dataset. sporadically, I get
duplicate key exception errors (The key is of a string type) and I am 100%
sure that I don't have duplicate records.

Moreover, I am printing the content of the frames about to be inserted into
the primary index and there are no duplicate records.

There are three reasons why I am suspecting the String implementation:
1. It is fairly recent change.
2. When I run on a single node, or run one thread at a time, I never get
this exception.
3. the key is a String.

I have looked at the change trying to figure out where a race condition
might take place but it is well hidden (if it is true at all.).

Let me know if you have seen something similar.

Cheers,
Abdullah.