asterixdb-dev mailing list archives

From "Chris \"Ceej\" Hillery" <c...@couchbase.com>
Subject When the GitHub mirror is stuck
Date Fri, 06 Nov 2015 19:14:45 GMT
FYI I got the following comment from Apache Infra regarding this:

Was the commit a rather large commit? If so, there is the chance it hit a
> race condition where the mirroring daemon was triggered to update before
> the contents on git-wip-us were actually updated.
>
> If this happens, there is a self-service way to trigger a new sync, and
> that is to push another commit with changes (trivial whitespace change,
> etc). That should kick the mirroring daemon to sync the repo. If this
> doesn't work then a JIRA ticket is appropriate :)

(It was a fairly large commit - lots of updated test results - so I guess
that was the cause.)

So, if we see this in future, we can "fix" it ourselves. Maybe add/delete a
blank line in .gitignore or similar, if we don't have another legit change
ready to go.

Ceej
aka Chris Hillery