asterixdb-dev mailing list archives

From Heri Ramampiaro <heri...@gmail.com>
Subject ARecordVisitablePointable issue
Date Fri, 06 Nov 2015 10:44:23 GMT
For your information, I just filed the following issue:

> Symptom:
> When adding a closed record type to an open field (expanded) the value of the field ends
up being empty ({ }).

> Possible Cause:
> ARecordVisitablePointable, line 257. Here we try to allocated a value of type specified
by a TypeTag. However, if the type is RECORD, it will always create an empty open ARecordType,
which is fine. But, when one tries to set the value of the field in line 258 (which now calls
ARecordVisitablePointable.set method again) the result will be an empty value since the value
neither is expanded (because it is closed) nor providing any schema fields (because of the
empty record allocation).

As this needs to be fixed before I can move forward, I have assigned the issue to myself:-)

Best,
-heri