asterixdb-dev mailing list archives

From Jianfeng Jia <jianfeng....@gmail.com>
Subject Did we change the response format of the HTTP Query API?
Date Tue, 03 Nov 2015 21:40:52 GMT
Dear Devs,

I just noticed that the HTTP response format from current master is different from the master's
documentation page(https://asterix-jenkins.ics.uci.edu/job/asterix-test-full/site/asterix-doc/api.html#QueryApi
<https://asterix-jenkins.ics.uci.edu/job/asterix-test-full/site/asterix-doc/api.html#QueryApi>).
The documentation says it was wrapped by a json dictionary as following:

{
      "results": [
          [
              "{ "id": 123, "name": "John Doe" }"
          ]
      ]
    }
But what I got from http://localhost:19002/query?query=use%20dataverse%20company;for%20$l%20in%20dataset(‘Employee’)%20return%20$l;
is just an array (as we produced in the Asterix web interface)
[
              { "id": 123, "name": "John Doe" }
          ]
It breaks the asterix-examples javascript demos. So I want to ask that the HTTP response changes
was intended or not. If so we should update the documentation and the corresponding javascript
demos. Otherwise we should bring back the old response format.

Best,

Jianfeng Jia
PhD Candidate of Computer Science
University of California, Irvine