asterixdb-dev mailing list archives

From "Till Westmann" <ti...@apache.org>
Subject [DISCUSS] stabilization phase
Date Thu, 19 Nov 2015 18:32:12 GMT
Hi,

there are a number of discussions (on and off list) and other indicators
(people on the users list not getting ahead) that we have a relatively
big number of issues that affect both the usability (and adoption) of
the system and the productivity of development.

I think that it would be good to move into a stabilization phase for a
while. In such a phase we would focus on addressing known issues and
only add new features to master is there is broad agreement (on this
list) that the feature is an exception. The goal of the phase would be
to address all issues of priority “Major” and above (with the option
of agreeing on de-prioritizing issues …) and to increase test
coverage.

Thoughts? Concerns? Questions?

Thanks,
Till

P.S. I think that the 0.8.8 release should not be affected by entering
such a phase.