asterixdb-dev mailing list archives

From Mike Carey <dtab...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] stabilization phase
Date Thu, 19 Nov 2015 20:18:02 GMT
+1 --- but --- to be clear, I don't think this is proposing an
every-hand-stops-innovating phase.  I think the proposal is for a mode
where MASTER is locked down and all folks do try and fix their higher
priority bugs on a weekly basis - but that folks who're working on
separate things (e.g., spatial index performance or BAD approaches to
data handling) would still do that, just not in master (which isn't
where it's happening anyway).  Master would be closed for business until
all "Major" and above bugs are indeed fixed.  (Because that's where
we'll cut release branches from, and that needs to be stabilized.)
@Till, is that a correct understanding?  Thoughts?