asterixdb-dev mailing list archives

From Ildar Absalyamov <ildar.absalya...@gmail.com>
Subject Release branch policy
Date Thu, 19 Nov 2015 01:36:02 GMT
Hi All,

The concept of release branches introduced to unfreeze master while release process is happening
seems to have several issues, which are not clear for me.
Both me and Yingyi have similar changes, but his are committed to master, whereas mine will
go to release-0.8.8.
Those conflicts would be reconciled when the release branch is merged back to master, however
this leads to several questions:
1. In general case who will be responsible for that merge?
2. How do we generally decide when to make a release branch?
3. Suppose the release branch was created  at point ABC and possibly bug fixes\features were
submitted to it, but not to master. How would we handle situation when some time later we
decide that feature XYZ from master should also be a part of release. Merge master into release
branch (merging also whatever happened in between ABC and XYZ)? Cherry-pick specific commit
from master?

Best regards,
Ildar