asterixdb-dev mailing list archives

From Murtadha Hubail <hubail...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Replication on Asterix
Date Mon, 02 Nov 2015 20:10:42 GMT
Hi Wael,

The result distribution framework will not be affected by data replication.

At some point, we could add a load balancing feature that could use the replicated data for
querying. However, this would be similar to a weak read in Cassandra in which the user might
not see the latest data. That’s because in Asterix the data in memory components of an LSM
index still exists in a single node and only their logs are replicated.

Regards,
Murtadha