asterixdb-dev mailing list archives

From "Till Westmann" <ti...@apache.org>
Subject Cleaning up the directory structure
Date Mon, 05 Oct 2015 18:25:57 GMT
Hi,

looking through the directories and the release artifact reminded me
that our source directories could do with a little more structure.
To address this, I’ve created a task in JIRA [1] as a parent task and
added 1 concrete child task to it. Please add other child tasks for
directory cleanup tasks there as well.

The task I added [2] is about moving files that are created during test
runs into the target directory of the asterix-app subproject.
This obviously changes behavior as “mvn clean” will remove those
files (while they were not removed so far). This sounds like a feature
to me, but I see that it might sound like a bug to other people.

If you think that moving those files to the target directory is a bad
idea (for any reason - including feasibility), please tell us.

Also, if you have an opinion on this topic, please give your thoughts
what a “clean” directory structure would look like.

Cheers,
Till

[1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ASTERIXDB-1123
[2] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ASTERIXDB-1124