asterixdb-dev mailing list archives

From "Till Westmann" <ti...@apache.org>
Subject [DISCUSS] Release Apache AsterixDB 0.8.7-incubating (RC3)
Date Thu, 08 Oct 2015 20:14:53 GMT
Would it also be an option to
a) release the current release in source-only form,
b) not advertise/distribute the binaries for now, and
c) fix this for the next release?

Right now we have zero AsterixDB releases at the ASF and that way
we could have one that people have to build on their own (which is
the usual way at the ASF and no rocket science for any developer).
Also, I think that individual developer can still build a binary and
give it to someone for testing, it’s just not an ASF artifact at
that point.

Thoughts/Concerns?

Cheers,
Till