asterixdb-dev mailing list archives

From Ted Dunning <ted.dunn...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: formating XML
Date Fri, 16 Oct 2015 21:41:10 GMT
Whether formatting rules are useful depends on the content.

For config files, conventions help humans a lot.

For text markups, formatting conventions can be disastrous because the text
is changed to include whitespace.

Yes. Focus on semantics, but consistent formatting and layout helps (human)
readers focus on the semantics.