asterixdb-dev mailing list archives

From Chris Hillery <chill...@hillery.land>
Subject Master branches are open
Date Thu, 01 Oct 2015 06:41:05 GMT
The master branches of asterixdb and hyracks are now open for business! Any
changes that are in flight on Gerrit may be merged to master (assuming they
have the appropriate votes and tests are passing, as always). The one
exception are the changes for ASTERIXDB-1109; see below.

FYI, Ian, Till, and I met for a while this afternoon and hashed out a plan
for the next few weeks:

1. AsterixDB 0.8.7 will be released from the release-0.8.7 branch in git
(already underway). Any required changes for the release will be made
there. Once the release is complete, this branch will be merged back into
master.

2. In the very near future we'll do a Hyracks 0.2.18 release and an
AsterixDB 0.8.8 release to roll out the fix for ASTERIXDB-1109. These
releases should have no changes *except* ASTERIXDB-1109. To achieve this, a
release-0.2.18 branch has already been created on Hyracks pointing to the
last commit in 0.2.17. For AsterixDB, a release-0.8.8 branch will be
created *from the release-0.8.7* branch. This is NOT the normal
methodology, but achieves the necessary goals for this issue.

3. After those three releases, we will then undertake the combining of the
Hyracks and AsterixDB git repositories. Subsequent releases will be of the
combined entity (and hopefully much more frequent than they have been until
now). Debate is open about whether we should align the version numbers at
that point or not.

Enjoy,
Ceej
aka Chris Hillery