asterixdb-dev mailing list archives

From Heri Ramampiaro <heri...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Socket feed questions
Date Fri, 30 Oct 2015 07:30:16 GMT
Although I haven’t tested this (I have mostly used & created java-based UDFs),
one can execute AQL calls from within a UDF. Feeds allows functions to
execute arbitrary AQL statements (DDL, DMLs etc). I.e., I believe what
you are trying to do is possible.

For example you could do:
(Given that you have a rec. type called Tweet, and a dataset ProcessedTweets

create feed CoordTwitterFeed if not exists
using “push_twitter" (("type-name"="Tweet”))
	apply function find-intersection;

(Here "find-intersection” is an AQL function that does the step specified under 2)).

To do nr. 3 the easiest way is to have a modified version of the “hashTag”
(let’s call this “tweetlocator”).  Java-based UDF (see my previous message with the

TweetLib example). You can then connect this  as a secondary feed, connected to
“CoordTwitterFeed”.

E.g.:
create secondary feed ProcessedTwitterFeed from feed CoordTwitterFeed
apply function “tweelib#tweetlocator";

Thereafter you can connect the feeds to appropriate datasets.

(Since the find-intersection is an AQL function, you can also call “tweelib#tweetlocator”
inside this function).

Best,
-heri