asterixdb-dev mailing list archives

From abdullah alamoudi <amo...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Question about open indexes
Date Tue, 22 Sep 2015 06:25:41 GMT
More thoughts:
I assume the intention of the cast was just to make sure if the open field
exists, it is of the specified type. Moreover, the un-casted record should
be inserted into the index.
If my assumptions are not correct, please, let me know ASAP.

I have two thoughts on this:
1. Actually, insert plans show that the records being inserted into the
primary index is actually the casted record creating the issue described
above.

2. I don't believe this is the right way to ensure that the open field if
exists is of the right type. why not extract the field using field access
by name function and then verify the type using the field tag?