asterixdb-dev mailing list archives

From Ian Maxon <ima...@uci.edu>
Subject Re: Branching master
Date Mon, 28 Sep 2015 18:03:06 GMT
Gerrit can totally handle more than one branch. Having a branch in the
ASF repo, likewise, is a near zero overhead operation.
I've had similar thoughts about this, and I know it's not without
precedent, so the idea is definitely +1 from me.

  I think the only sticky part could possibly be merge vs. rebase.
Imagine if a change needs to be picked from the master to release
branch, but not some of its predecessor commits. The commit itself
would have to change despite having (likely/hopefully) semantically
equivalent content, and I think that could get very messy (similar
issue to the squashed feature branch discussion).

-Ian