asterixdb-dev mailing list archives

From Ian Maxon <ima...@uci.edu>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Apache AsterixDB Hyracks 0.2.16-incubating
Date Wed, 09 Sep 2015 02:30:39 GMT
Thanks for the comments, Till. I went ahead and rolled back the
release and tried addressing the issues you highlighted in this
change: https://asterix-gerrit.ics.uci.edu/#/c/381/ . The NOTICE is
gone and the MIT-licensed dependencies are linked in the LICENSE. The
RAT excludes are about as trimmed-down as I can get them, I think.
'mvn package' should also run, it ran for me, but someone else should
try and verify.

If it looks good, please give +2 and I'll give the release another shot.

Thanks,
- Ian

(https://jquery.org/license/), and flot (https://github.com/flot/flot/blob/master/LICENSE.txt).
> Looking at http://www.apache.org/dev/licensing-howto.html#permissive-deps I think that
we should just add those to the LICENSE file.
> For both of these points I wouldn’t mind to get some feedback, if I didn’t get it
right :)

> Also, I think that it would be good to
> 1) include the git commit in the vote e-mail as the tag can be modified and
> 2) trim the list of RAT excludes to
>     algebricks/algebricks-tests/src/test/resources/results
>     hyracks/hyracks-control/hyracks-control-cc/src/main/resources/static/javascript
>     hyracks/hyracks-control/hyracks-control-cc/src/main/resources/static/stylesheet
>     hyracks/hyracks-dist/src/main/resources/conf
>     hyracks/hyracks-hdfs/hyracks-hdfs-core/src/test/resources/data
>     hyracks/hyracks-hdfs/hyracks-hdfs-core/src/test/resources/expected
>     hyracks/hyracks-storage-am-common/src/main/resources
>     (at least that would have covered all the files that don’t have a license in my
RAT report for the unzipped source archive)
> 3) ensure that “mvn package" runs through with tests.
>     For me the hyracks-integration-tests failed as apparently the data files are missing.
One of the execution I saw was