asterixdb-dev mailing list archives

From Chris Hillery <chill...@hillery.land>
Subject Branching master
Date Mon, 28 Sep 2015 06:31:20 GMT
There are a lot of changes that are stacking up in Asterix because we're
trying to get a release done. I'm thinking it might be a good exercise and
preparation for next time if we branched Asterix master for the release and
started allowing changes to be merged that are for post-release, instead of
basically having a code freeze which has been going on for, what, several
months already?

We could either create a release branch off master and do the necessary
release cleanup over there, or else create a "develop" branch from master
and start committing new changes there. Branching a release branch off
master probably would require fewer changes to our existing infrastructure.
Either way, once the release was complete, we'd merge the branch back onto
master and continue.

Anyone say yay or nay?

Ceej