asterixdb-dev mailing list archives

From Chris Hillery <chill...@hillery.land>
Subject Re: AsterixDB API POST vs. GET request
Date Tue, 29 Sep 2015 19:34:15 GMT
On Tue, Sep 29, 2015 at 12:16 PM, Wail Alkowaileet <wael.y.k@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Yes! That's exactly what I needed to do. I need an async mode without the
> GET 255 bytes limitation.

So this should work today, I believe, if you POST to the URL
http://host:port/query?mode=asynchronous . Let me know if it doesn't.

> Should I file a JIRA for it ?

Yes, any bug or mis-feature should have a ticket. That's not a promise that
it'll get fixed, of course, but if we don't track it it certainly won't.

> Also, there are no POST for
> both: QueryStatusAPIServlet, QueryResultAPIServlet which require switching
> the request mode between the query submission and the result retrieval.

Is it a problem to change the request mode? (Serious question.) Both of
those servlets should not, I don't believe, ever require a lengthy
submission, and so to me it doesn't seem unreasonable that they'd only
respond to GET. But perhaps there are other factors here I'm not
considering.

Ceej
aka Chris Hillery