asterixdb-dev mailing list archives

From Mike Carey <dtab...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Feature suggestion
Date Sat, 26 Sep 2015 16:08:52 GMT
Hmmm.  Each index build will require a potentially resource intensive sort
- it's not obvious to me that this would actually be better.  If you load
after creating indexes you're able to do this, and it's an interesting Q
whether a pipeline is better or not....  I think we actually chose not to
do this due to the resource implications.  But - open Q.  I'd put it down
on the wish list, though - online single index construction would be higher
on the list, for instance, IMO.