asterixdb-dev mailing list archives

From abdullah alamoudi <bamou...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: AsterixDB Contributer Request
Date Mon, 03 Aug 2015 13:38:50 GMT
Amit,
I suggest you start by making yourself familiar with the system from a user
prospective. Following that, you should try and set up the environment and
just try and build the binary yourself. Next, you could look at the list of
open issues, try to re-produce them on your environment and then see if you
can figure out why is it happening.

I know this is not easy to do but this is probably the best route. You
should be able to do that in time assuming you have a very good background
about the working components of database systems.

If you're still struggling after following all the above, then go through
the published papers in AsterixDB website and you would have a better
understanding of many components of the system.

@DevTeam,
Maybe we should start putting "that document" together :)

Cheers,
Abdullah.

--
Amoudi, Abdullah.